Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update 24th March 2020
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement at 8.30pm on the 23rd March 2020, Interphone is suspending normal services with immediate effect and will be offering an ‘emergency’ only service in order to best help our NHS services and adhere to the Governments requirements.
As a result of this instruction we at Interphone are only attending calls we deem as ‘Emergency’ service calls between the hours of 8.00am-16.30pm starting today, Tuesday 24th March until further notice.
Interphone Limited will be operating with staff based at home. With our staff equipped to work and support you remotely, our immediate Business Continuity Plan (BCP) goal is to maintain emergency services to our customers whilst obeying the government’s instruction limiting the risk to the NHS, the general public, staff and customers alike.
We have a call answering service in place with operators who will take your details and forward your enquiry to us. Please note that correspondence received by the Service Desk after 15.00 pm, may not be addressed until the following working day. All non-emergency call requests will be logged by our service desk and scheduled once we resume normal business conditions. Customers will be advised if the request is being dealt with as an emergency or not.
We thank you for being so understanding, as much as we value you our clients, we have a duty of care to our engineers, communities, the NHS and the country at large. The service desk have been advised what is considered an emergency and what circumstances would require us to schedule an engineer to attend to a call out while the government has advised everyone not to leave their homes. All non-emergency services will be logged by our service desk and scheduled once we resume normal services.
We have defined emergency call outs as being life critical to our clients and their residents, being of the following criteria;
Door Entry and Door Access
- A door that is permanently locked where there are no other means of entry into or out of the building. In the event the lock cannot be repaired the communal door release will be left unlocked until a part is sourced and the engineer can return to fix the issue.
- fire doors & Fire exit doors that are permanently locked. In the event the lock cannot be repaired the communal door release will be left unlocked until a part is sourced and the engineer can return to fix the issue.
- If an elderly or vulnerable person has a problem with the door release function on their door entry phone system, we will attend and try to rectify the fault from the communal area only. We will not enter individual residencies to diagnose or repair a fault.
- If the intercom is buzzing constantly, we will either call the resident and advise them how to disconnect the handset / monitor if practical, or we will attend to the communal area and disconnect the flat from the junction box if possible. We will not enter individual residencies to diagnose or repair a fault
- If people are concerned that they will not be able to receive home deliveries we would suggest they give there telephone numbers for the driver to call when they are outside and the resident can collect the delivery from the communal door once the driver has stepped back 2 meters.
- We will attend to satellite and aerial faults but will only work in the communal areas of the building. We will not enter individual residencies to diagnose or repair a fault.
- We will attend as an emergency to a gate that is stuck closed and put the gate on manual release and leave the gate open until a part is sourced and the engineer can return to fix the issue.
- We will not be carrying out PPM works, if you have a gate safety issue outstanding and the gate has not already been switched off, we will attend to open and down power the gate.
Other than in exceptional circumstances we will not be attending any CCTV calls
We are here for our clients. If you need to get in contact with us, please can you send emails directly to the below relevant department.
- Service: For enquiries relating to service enquiries please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence received by the Service Desk after 15.00 PM, may not be addressed until the following working day.
Important please note: If you have an emergency as deemed above, we will endeavour to attend to this but we must make it clear that our engineers will be working in communal areas only. Our engineers are not permitted to enter apartments for whatever reason. In case of an emergency booking / appointment with Interphone it is on the understanding that when our engineer is required to visit the site; the managing agent and/or resident is required to declare if anyone in the building is self-isolating or is experiencing flu like symptoms. Our engineers have been instructed to put their own safety first and make their own assessment of the situation and to either contact our office or decline entering site premises should they have any concerns. We are doing everything possible to maintain financial, sales and operational support services during this difficult time and we will continue to do so.
Our Business development and estimating teams continue to operate however please be advised that we cannot carry out surveys at this moment in time. We can provide quotes, subject to survey and can accept orders subject to delivery once the current emergency is over.
Please find the below department contact emails;
- Sales: For an upgrade or a new installation quote, please email us at: email@example.com
- Finance: For any Finance-related enquiries, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Installations: For any Installation related enquiries, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Procurement: For any procurement related enquiries, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your cooperation and ask you to be patient as we all go through this unprecedented time. Please be assured we will endeavour to respond to your enquiries in a timely manner. We will update you by email update and/or on our website when office staff are returning to the office and we are permitted to attend to all in and out of hour service call requests.
Wishing everyone to stay well and safe.
The Business Continuity Team at Interphone Limited