Corona Virus (Covid-19) Update 12 May 2020 – Phased return to work
Following government announcements in the last few days we have decided to initiate a gradual and phased return to work starting from Wednesday 13th May. We have carried out careful risk assessments for the work we do in the light of the continuing threat from Covid 19, in particular where there is a requirement to enter someone’s home and our attendance to any particular call out will be governed by these. We will maintain the strictest risk control profile consistent with government guidelines and our duty of care to our personnel and customers alike.
Although we have been operating an emergency service these passed weeks we have a considerable backlog of maintenance call outs to get through, and, with the expected level of new call outs, we ask for your patience and understanding as we manage our way through these. Please understand also that due to the specific risk assessment process for each job some call outs will inevitably take longer than usual.
Our plan for the next few weeks looks like this:
- From the 13th May we will be attending emergency call outs as before but will start attending the non-emergency backlog call outs logged during the last seven weeks.
- From 1st June we will be booking new non-emergency call outs and will attend to these as soon possible thereafter. Some delay is likely at least for a few weeks.
- We will attend calls between the hours of 8.00am-16.30pm, Monday to Friday. There will be no out of hours or weekend service for the time being. We aim to restore this during the week beginning 15th June
- For the time being we are keeping our call answering service in place with operators who will take your details and forward your enquiry to us. Please note that correspondence received by the Service Desk after 15.00 pm, may not be addressed until the following working day.
- Our office-based staff will in most cases continue to work from home at least until the 1st June
- Work on new installations and small works will not recommence until the 15th June
Our Field based engineers and sales team have been issued with the appropriate PPE and clear instructions as to their use and other requirements designed to keep themselves and our customers safe. Every site visit will require a site-specific risk assessment before we enter. Before entering any property, our engineers are instructed to ensure that the occupants neither have, nor are showing symptoms of the virus. Once inside, the occupants will be required to stay a minimum of two metres away from our engineer at all times. These guidelines are in compliance with, and reflect the guidance published by Public Health England. Our Personnel will retain the right to refuse to access a site if they feel their health may be compromised.
We are here for our clients. If you need to get in contact with us, please can you send emails directly to the below relevant department.
For enquiries relating to service enquiries please email us at: email@example.com
Important please note: When booking an appointment with Interphone it is on the understanding that when our engineer is required to visit the site; the managing agent and/or resident is required to declare if anyone in the building is self-isolating or is experiencing flu like symptoms. Our engineers have been instructed to put their own safety first and make their own assessment of the situation and to either contact our office or decline entering site premises should they have any concerns.
- Sales: For an upgrade or a new installation quote, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance: For any Finance-related enquiries, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Installations: For any Installation related enquiries, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Procurement: For any procurement related enquiries, please contact us at: email@example.com
Again, we thank you for all your cooperation and patience as we go through this unprecedented time together.
Wishing everyone to stay safe and well