Health & Safety and Fire Safety awareness training seminar
Date(s) - 05/09/2018
09:15 - 13:15
About our Guest Speaker
Steve Bennett has extensive experience in safety compliance and training and is a Technical Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). He is the Director of Safety Delivery Limited, which provides a full range of Health & Safety and Fire Safety consultancy services – such as compliance advice and audits, risk assessments and provision of safety management systems – and training courses for both managers and employees. In particular, the training services cover IOSH Working Safely and Managing Safely courses, along with specialised training courses including Fire Safety training supported by the Fire Protection Association (FPA).
Date: Wednesday, 5th September 2018
Venue: Interphone Limited, 1st Floor, 12 – 22 Herga Road, Harrow HA3 5AS (15 min on the fast train from London Euston station)
Timings: Join us from 09:00 with coffee and presentations followed by lunch
Did you know?
- The annual cost of new cases of work-related illness in Britain has risen to £9.3 billion and the annual cost of workplace injury and fatalities is now £4.8 billion.
- Sentencing of companies and directors has become far more punitive in the past year with 19 fines of more than £1 million and treble the number of directors being prosecuted with a quarter going to prison.
- One penalty was imposed upon an operator of residential homes after a resident died falling down an internal fire escape, which included a fine of £1.5 million.
- The Courts’ Sentencing Guidelines allow for heavy fines to be imposed even where no accident has occurred, so you can be punished the same as if an accident had happened through lack of safety measures.
- Recent legislation such as CDM 2015 and the Sentencing Guidelines have changed the Health & Safety landscape. Therefore, anyone involved in property management and development needs to keep up-to-date with the latest requirements to ensure they remain compliant.